In the past two weeks, I've made this delicious recipe twice. Maybe it's the fat kid in me that thinks I'm
getting pie for dinner or maybe it's just that amazing. You be the judge.
It's extremely easy to make and the prep only takes about 20 minutes!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken - 1 lb (cubed)
- Vegetables - I used carrots and celery, but peas are also a good addition!
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Unbaked 9" Pie Crusts - you can find these where you get canned biscuits and cookie dough. **most come with 2 in the box!
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Throw in the chicken, carrots, celery and peas and continue boiling for 15 minutes.
2. While this is boiling, combine the butter, flour, salt and pepper in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Slowly add in the chicken broth and milk. Cook this over medium low heat until it starts to get reasonably thick, stirring occasionally. This takes about 15 minutes for me.
3. During this time, you can unroll the pie crusts and place in the pan.
4. Strain the chicken and vegetables and add them to the bottom of the pie crust.
Once the mixture is somewhat thick, pour it over the top.
5. Roll out the additional pie crust and place over the top. Seal the edges and cut away the excess dough. Make a few small slits to allow the steam to escape. For the pie look, I used a fork to add birds feet around the edges :)
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees. Allow to sit for 10 minutes after you remove it from the oven.