The boyfriend had to work last night so I was on my own for dinner.
One of my favorite quick and easy meals is chicken stir fry.
I'm not one of those people that gets everything fresh or organic. I just like things to be easy, quick and tasty.
That's where this recipe comes in.
The best part is that the ingredients are super cheap and you don't use much of the sauce ingredients so once you buy everything it's enough to make the sauce about 10 times.
I'm pretty picky so I only use corn and broccoli but feel feel to add whatever vegetables you'd like.
Here's what you'll need:
1. Rotisserie Chicken
2. Corn - 1 can
3. Bag of Broccoli
4. White Rice
**Keep in mind that you can use any vegetables you want. If the boyfriend is home, I get the bag titled stir fry in the frozen aisle. I believe it has onions, peppers, broccoli, baby corn and snap peas. It's a perfect alternative if you like all of that stuff!
1. Flour - 8 tsp
2. Rice Vinegar - 1 tbsp
3. Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
4. Water - 2/3 cup
5. Sugar - 2 tsp
6. Rice Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Here's what you do:
1. If you have a rice cooker, cook the rice in there for it to be perfect. If you don't, just follow the directions outlined on the box. You can also switch it up and use noodles or any other type of rice that you'd like. Last night, I actually put it over ramen noodles (without the seasoning packet). I've done this a few times now and it's quickly becoming my favorite thing to use!
2. Cook the bag of broccoli in the microwave and then cook the corn the same way.
3. Peel off shreds from the rotisserie chicken and add them to a stir fry pan then include the vegetables.
4. Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk it until it's perfectly mixed.
5. Add the sauce to the chicken and vegetables and turn on the stove. Cook on medium for 5-10 minutes just enough time to soak the food in the sauce.
6. Add the mixture on top of the bed of rice. I like to pour extra sauce over the meal after it's on my plate.
& there ya have it. Easy 15-20 minute chicken stir fry!